Thursday, June 08, 2017

We Couldn't Wait for It to Open...

but now I wonder why. On Monday, the women from my new neighborhood went out to lunch, at a new Italian place, of which we had all impatiently awaited the opening. There were twelve of us. 

The menu is fairly extensive, and I wish I had ordered something else. My sausage sandwich had good bread, but the sausage had an off taste (not fennel), and the peppers had been sauteed to their death in enough olive oil to sink a ship.  It was a soggy, unpleasant mess.  Also on the plate was a pasta salad, featuring orzo, peppers, pimiento, and the aforementioned large amount of olive oil. I'm surprised it didn't slide off the plate!!

Most of the women enjoyed their luncheon; there was eggplant rollatine, chicken Parmesan, several salads, including caprese, and baked ziti. It was all devoured with relish - except for mine.  The lady next to me ordered decaf coffee (which was said to be from Peru), and she sent it back, saying it was bitter. 

The odd thing is that this new place is owned by the same people who own a very popular Italian place here in Raleigh, and we expected it to be a carbon-copy. It may be that I ordered the only thing on the menu that was not good, and because of that, I will go and try it again.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

4 comments:

Celia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Granny Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kenju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.